Location & Directions & Travel
Travelling by car
Leeds Castle, Penfold Hill (B2163),
Maidstone, Kent, ME17 1RG (use ME17 1PL for Disabled Parking)
Main Car Parks
- The castle can be found 7 miles east of Maidstone, Junction 8 of the M20 motorway.
- The castle is clearly sign posted from all routes with the brown tourist signs; however you will see additional signs provided by the AA in yellow.
- The main castle entrance is Penfold Hill, just off the Ashford Road (A20).
- If you are using SatNav please use the following postcode ME17 1RG.
- For disabled badge holders only, please park opposite the Broomfield Road entrance of Leeds Castle.
- After leaving the M20 at Junction 8 (Lenham A20) follow the brown and white tourist signs.
- At the third roundabout Leeds Castle is sign-posted right via the B2163 – this turning should be ignored.
- Proceed along the A20 towards Lenham for approximately 1 mile passing the Park Gate Inn and Leeds Castle golf course on your right.
- Take the next turning right sign-posted Broomfield (Broomfield Road).
- Approximately 100 yards along, turn left into the Disabled Parking area which will be signposted.
- If you are using SatNav please use the following postcode ME17 1PL.
Travelling by train
Southeastern trains run frequent services to and from Hollingbourne and Bearsted Station which are both only a few miles away. Please check their website for further details southeasternrailway.co.uk
Travelling by coach
Chalkwell Coach Hire and Crosskeys Coaches will be running coach services picking up from various convenient points along the way.
Travelling by taxi
Streamline Taxis will be operating a drop off and pickup service. Please call 01622 750000 or visit www.streamline.travel
For more information, Traveline will help you plan your journey from door to door. www.traveline.org.uk or call 0871 200 22 33
For up to date travel information and road conditions, please visit www.kent.gov.uk/transport-and-streets