The Leeds Castle Concert FAQs
Outline of timings for 2021*
|2.00pm||Car park opens|
|5.00-7pm||Band and entertainment|
|7.30pm||Main concert first half|
|8.50pm||Main concert second half|
*Timings are approximate, please do allow plenty of time and be prepared for extra security measures. We respectfully ask for your cooperation on bag searches and approaches from security personnel to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort.
What are your plans regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
We are working hard to ensure we bring you another spectacular outdoor music event but above all a safe one. Click here to view our safety measured document.
Can I use my 2020 ticket at the 2021 event?
Yes all tickets will be valid for the concert on Saturday 10th July 2021. If you are unable to attend this date then please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if the 2021 concert is postponed?
Your ticket/s will be rolled over to the 2022 event. If you cannot attend the new date do get in touch with us for a refund.
Where can I park?
There are a number of different car parks for access to the event, so if you intend to arrive in different vehicles, it may make sense to distribute tickets to members of your party in advance. If you are a disabled (blue badge) holder, please ensure you follow all the signs to the Disabled Car Park at the Broomfield gate as this is the closest access point for disabled guests. Other guests will be directed to the available car parks. Please follow the directions of our car parkers.
What time do the car parks open?
The car parks to the event open at 2.00pm.
What time do gates open?
Concert gates will open at 4.00pm. The only admittance prior to this time will be either for those guests staying at the Castle or those in possession of a hospitality wristband or a Fairfax Hall dining voucher for which vehicle passes and separate car parking arrangements are required. There will be a pre-programme to the event and the RPO will come on stage at 7.30pm and the event finish at 10.15pm. Music and catering will continue after the conclusion of the orchestra so you are welcome to avoid the crowds and exit in a leisurely fashion.
Are there taxi drop-off points?
The taxi drop-off and collection point will operate on a ‘loop’ system located at the main Leeds Castle car park.
Are there facilities for the disabled?
Disabled guests with blue badge passes will be parked in the Disabled Car park, but this is still approximately 500 metres from the concert site, so if you require a wheelchair or assisted entry, please ensure you have brought these with you as there are no wheelchairs available on the day. These can, however, be booked in advance via Kent Mobility on telephone number 01732 770251. Please also note that that Disabled Car Park is on the Leeds Castle Golf Course which is open early the following morning, so cars cannot be left overnight.
Please note that the Leeds Castle site is large and rural and there are uneven pathways and cobblestones. Please wear sensible footwear and note that the Mobility bus from the main Leeds Castle car park does NOT run on the day of the Concert.
Can I bring my dog?
No dogs/pets allowed in the castle grounds, except guide dogs. Please also be aware that we may use loud pyrotechnic explosions/displays during the concert.
Can I bring my BBQ/Fire or lamps?
No BBQs, fires, oil filled lamps or garden flares are permitted. No Chinese floating lanterns.
Can I get a taxi to drop me off?
Yes, there will be a taxi pick up and drop zone – located at the main Leeds Castle carpark.
Are children allowed to come?
Yes, although the concert is designed for adults.
Are there any price concessions?
Babies under 18 months go free, all other ages will be the standard price.
Can I camp in the grounds?
Camping or overnight staying in the grounds is not permitted unless the Glamping option is booked via Leeds Castle www.leeds-castle.com (please note this option is limited).
What is the dress code?
You are encouraged to enjoy the Best of British atmosphere that the Leeds Castle Concert is famed for.
Can I bring my own seats?
Yes, you can bring your own seats for the picnic area but if you have booked a seated ticket, a pre-numbered seat will be allocated for you and no further tables or chairs are permitted in the seated area.
Can I bring bottles/glass?
Yes, you can to the Classical Concert only.
Will I need a torch?
We will light the paths and car parks, but it is always useful to bring additional lighting.
Can I bring my gazebo?
Yes, you can, a pop-up type gazebo. Please note that gazebos and taller structures are only permitted at the rear of the concert area so as not to impair the views of others. Please heed the directions of security personnel and do not erect tents etc without their confirmation that you are in the correct area.
Flags & other tall objects
If you wish to bring a flag or something tall to put next to your picnic area, please can we request that this is of a height not to restrict the viewing of those behind you or alternatively you locate it to the side of the field so as not to disturb others.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
If you lose your ticket you will need to purchase a new ticket.
Will the concert be cancelled due to bad weather?
No. Unless we are advised by the local authorities.
Can I get a refund on my ticket?
No, when you purchase your tickets we will not refund your money. Please read our terms and conditions fully prior to purchasing.
Where can I buy my ticket?
You can buy your tickets prior to the day either online on our website, or over the phone 0845 652 62 62. E-tickets will be automatically sent to you unless you request otherwise. Please note tickets are available to purchase until the allocated number of tickets have been sold.
Can I leave my car in the car park overnight?
No, we have other events on the next day and your car may obstruct the area and may need to be moved.
What catering facilities are available?
You are welcome to bring a picnic, beverages and seating to the event. There will be catering facilities & bars on site from which you are welcome to purchase drinks and food. Carluccio’s hampers and lunch at the Fairfax Hall are available for pre-booked guests only and subject to availability.
- Tickets & bags will be checked on entry for security purposes and your purchase of tickets gives your consent to this taking place by authorised personnel. Any dangerous items will be removed from baggage.
- Please note that the event includes a fireworks display which will shut the footpath exit by the main stage for safety reasons whilst this is on and checked afterwards. Guests wishing to exit prior to the fireworks should follow the exit route via the Castle or wait until the all clear is given and the path reopened after the event.
- This is a large event and consequently exiting from the car parks is in a controlled fashion. Please be patient and follow the directions of the car parkers. The event finishes late in the evening and guests should ensure that they exit slowly and with care. Although security lighting is provided, you may find it helpful to bring a torch. No barbeques or flames of any sort are permitted.
- Our website and Facebook page will be updated regularly with further useful information on the event. Please continue to check this for up to date news.
- Please note that photographs and footage will be taken throughout the event. These will be used for marketing and publicity in our advertising, on this website and in social media or in any third party publication. Please contact the event organiser if you have any concerns or if you wish to be exempted from this activity by emailing email@example.com.
- Where you purchase your ticket this includes using your personal data to administer and manage tickets to the event including processing your personal data in order to send updates and information about the event.